the‘Empowering Women, Empowering Nations’ event is part of the African/Black History Month celebrations, the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. Its theme is “The Role & Significance of Black Women in Changing the History of a Lost Generation” - aims to highlight the achievements and influences of African women who have been campaigning for a better world.
This event is free and takes place at School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, Rooms G2/ KLT on the 25 November 2011, 6.00 – 9.30 pm.
- H.I.H Princess Yav Marylin: (Congo Brazzaville)
- H.I.H Prince Akilile Makonnen Haile Selassie (Ethiopia)
- Mme Bombo Georgette: Chief of Protocol at the Department of Health and AID’s (Ivory Coast)
- Mme Diallo Mariam: Deputy director of cooperation at the Ministry for Urban Safety (Ivory Coast)
- Mme N’dri Yaman Thérèse: Minister of Health and AIDS (Ivory Coast)
- Mme Claudine Munari : Minister of commerce (Congo Brazzaville)
- Mme Kabala Anne Marie: Maire de La commune de Mouyondzi (Congo Brazzaville)
- Mme Anne Désirée Ouloto: Minister of Urban Safety (Ivory Coast)